Under 30 Minutes
Black Bean Tamale Pie with Cheese Crust
It's as easy as pie and tastier too. Here's why: it's made with CHI-CHI'S® Salsa and green jalapeños sitting on top of a mouth-watering cheese crust.
1/2 pound ground lean beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup CHI-CHI'S® 16 oz Thick & Chunky Salsa Medium
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons CHI-CHI'S® Green Jalapenos Whole, minced
1 (8.5-ounce) package corn muffin mix
WHOLLY GUACAMOLE® dip to serve
CHI-CHI'S® 16 oz Thick & Chunky Salsa to serve
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
2. In large skillet, cook beef, onion and bell pepper until beef is no longer pink. Stir in beans, salsa and jalapeños; remove from heat.
3. In medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix, 1 cup cheese, the milk and egg. Stir just until moistened. Press mixture over bottom and up side of pie plate. Spoon beef mixture into crust.
4. Bake pie 20 to 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 2 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
5. Cut pie into wedges. Serve with guacamole and salsa.