More than 1 Hour
Black Bean Lasagna
Mamma mia! It's an Italian dish with a Mexican twist. Just add spicy CHI-CHI'S® Salsa for layer upon layer of amazingly zesty flavor.
Notes: This tasty lasagna can be made ahead: Cover with plastic food wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Add about 5
10 not applicable regular or whole wheat lasagna noodles
3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chicken broth or water
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1 (15-ounce) package part-skim ricotta cheese
2 (16-ounce) jars CHI-CHI'S® Thick & Chunky Salsa Mild
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease 13x9-inch baking dish.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions 8 minutes or just until tender; transfer to bowl of cold water.
3. In large bowl, combine beans, broth, garlic salt, cumin, thyme and chili powder. Mash with potato masher or back of spoon until nearly smooth and liquid is absorbed.
4. In large bowl, combine 3 cups shredded cheese and the ricotta cheese; mix well.
5. Drain noodles; blot dry. Arrange 5 noodles in bottom of baking dish. Spread with 1/2 each of bean mixture, cheese mixture and salsa. Repeat layering. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
6. Bake lasagna 35 to 45 minutes or until top is browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.