More than 1 Hour
Mexican Meatloaf Salad
2 teaspoons canola oil
¾ cup finely chopped onion
1 ½ pounds ground beef
1 cup milk
1 cup dried breadcrumbs
1 (1.25-ounce) package Chi-Chi’s® Taco Seasoning Mix
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
¼ cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 to 6 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
1 ½ cups Chi-Chi’s® Cilantro Salsa
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
1/3 cup thinly sliced onion rings
1/3 cup chipotle ranch dressing
½ cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook 5 minutes or until softened.
3. In large bowl, combine onion, ground beef, egg, milk, breadcrumbs, seasoning, salt and pepper. Press mixture into 8-inch log.
4. In small bowl, combine ketchup and brown sugar. Spread over meatloaf. Bake 1 hour or until cooked when tested. Let stand 20 minutes before cutting into ¾-inch thick slices.
5. Arrange lettuce on 4 individual plates. Top with meatloaf, salsa, black beans, jalapenos and onion. Drizzle with dressing.