Under 15 Minutes
More than 1 Hour
Grilled Beef Fajitas
Bring more thrill to your grill. This savory Mexican favorite features CHI-CHI'S® Salsa for a sizzling spicy flavor.
1 (1 1/2- to 2-pound) beef flank steak
1 (16-ounce) jar CHI-CHI'S® 16 oz Thick & Chunky Salsa Medium
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 sweet onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1 green bell pepper, cut into quarters
1 red bell pepper, cut into quarters
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into quarters
CHI-CHI'S® fajita-style flour tortillas
CHI-CHI'S® salsa, guacamole, sour cream, lime wedges and fresh cilantro sprigs
1. Please steak in shallow glass baking dish or recloseable plastic food storage bag.
2. In bowl, combine salsa, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, oil, brown sugar and garlic; mix well. Pour 1/2 of salsa mixture over steak. Cover; refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Meanwhile, in separate recloseable plastic food storage bag, combine onions, bell peppers, and remaining 1/2 of salsa mixture; marinate in refrigerator.
4. Remove steak and vegetables from marinades; discard any remaining marinade.
5. Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Grill steak, turning occasionally, 20 minutes for medium doneness. Remove steak from grill; tent with aluminum foil. Let rest 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, grill onions and bell peppers, turning frequently, 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
7. Thinly slice steak diagonally across grain. Cut onions and bell peppers into strips. Serve steak and vegetables in tortillas with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, lime wedges and cilantro.