Under 15 Minutes
Southwestern Chicken Taco Salad
This colorful creation includes red and green bell peppers and spicy CHI-CHI'S® Salsa for an amazingly zesty southwestern flavor.
6 CHI-CHI'S® 8 inch Flour Tortilla Soft Taco Size, slightly warmed
2 (10-ounce) cans Hormel® Chunk Breast of Chicken, drained and flaked
1 tablespoon CHI-CHI'S® Taco Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons water
1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
6 cups shredded lettuce
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tomato, diced
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
1 cup CHI-CHI'S® 16 oz Thick & Chunky Salsa Medium, drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Make 6 (2 1/2-inch) balls of aluminum foil by slightly crushing 6 (12x12-inch) pieces of foil. Lightly coat one side of each tortilla and inside of 6 (10-ounce) custard cups or small baking dishes with cooking spray.
2. Gently press tortillas, spray-side-up, into custard cups; fold edges to fit as necessary. Place ball of foil in center of each cup. Place cups on baking sheet.
3. Bake tortilla shells 10 minutes; remove from oven and remove foil balls. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until shells are crisp and edges are lightly browned.
4. Meanwhile, in medium skillet, cook chicken, taco seasoning and water over low heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes. Add beans and corn. Cook 3 to 5 minutes longer or until hot.
5. Place 1 cup lettuce in each tortilla shell. Top evenly with cheese, tomato and avocado.
In small bowl, combine salsa and sour cream; mix well. Drizzle over salads.