Under 15 Minutes
More than 1 Hour
Minted Lamb Chops and Pears
Make livelier lamb chops with this Mediterranean-inspired recipe featuring ripe pears, fresh mint and spicy salsa.
1 cup CHI-CHI'S® 16 oz Thick & Chunky Salsa Medium
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 1/2 pounds lamb shoulder arm chops, 1/2 inch thick
2 large firm ripe pears, cored and cut into quarters
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1. Prepare grill for medium heat.
2. In blender container, combine salsa, brown sugar and mustard; process until smooth.
3. In recloseable plastic food storage bag, combine lamb chops and salsa mixture; seal bag. Turn several times to coat. Place bag in 13x9-inch baking pan. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Remove lamb from marinade; reserve marinade. Grill lamb 5 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Grill pears, turning every 2 minutes.
5. In saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil; boil 2 minutes. Stir in mint. Serve with lamb and pears.