Under 30 Minutes
More than 1 Hour
Harvest Butternut and Tomato Bisque
Take a moment to savor the delicious blend of flavors in this warm and soothing autumn soup.
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, diced
1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
2 cups water
1 cup CHI-CHI'S® 16 oz Thick & Chunky Salsa Medium
2 teaspoons Herb-Ox® Chicken Instant Powder
1 cup half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1. In large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is slightly softened.
2. Add squash, water, salsa and bouillon to saucepan; cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is fork-tender. Cool 15 minutes.
3. In blender container or food processor bowl, puree squash mixture, in small batches if needed, until smooth. Return pureed squash to saucepan.
4. Stir half-and-half, salt, white pepper and basil into saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, 4 to 6 minutes or until hot and flavors are blended.
5. Ladle soup into warm bowls to serve. Place small dollops of sour cream in circular-fashion on top of soup, if desired. Gently run wooden pick through sour cream to create swirled effect.