Under 30 Minutes
More than 1 Hour
Grilled Stuffed Peppers
Grill up stuffed peppers with the right stuff for a savory, spicy combination the whole family will enjoy.
4 large red, green or yellow bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups dry cornbread stuffing
1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1/2 cup CHI-CHI'S
6 tablespoons beer or chicken broth
1. Prepare grill; arrange medium-hot coals around outside edge of grill.
2. Slice tops off bell peppers; reserve tops. Remove and discard seeds.
3. In medium skillet, sauté onion and celery in oil until tender.
4. In large bowl, combine stuffing, corn, pecans, sage and rosemary; mix well. Stir in onion mixture. Add salsa and enough beer to moisten stuffing so it holds together.
5. Loosely fill bell peppers with stuffing mixture. Replace pepper tops; fasten with wooden picks. Place peppers in center of grill; cover. Grill, turning peppers every 10 minutes, 45 minutes or until peppers are tender.