Under 30 Minutes
Grilled Steak and Potato Salad
Make a steak that's a feast for the eyes—and the taste buds. Give it a coat of walnuts and garlic before grilling and then dress it up with CHI-CHI'S® Salsa.
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
8 cloves garlic
4 beef steaks (about 1 1/4 pounds), 3/4 inch thick
8 medium red new potatoes, cut in half
1 cup CHI-CHI'S® 16 oz Thick & Chunky Salsa Medium
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1. In blender container, combine walnuts and garlic; process until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over both sides of steaks.
2. In medium saucepan, cover potatoes with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
3. Prepare grill for medium heat. Grill steak and potatoes 10 minutes on each side or until potatoes are well browned and steaks are medium doneness.
4. To make dressing, in small bowl, combine salsa, vinegar, oil and mustard; mix well.
5. Arrange romaine evenly on each of 4 plates. Divide steak and potatoes evenly among romaine. Pass dressing to spoon over salad. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese, if desired.